Even people who consistently stick to an effective health and fitness routine can sometimes fall out of the habit. Getting back on track can be challenging unless you find ways to rebuild a strong desire to start exercising again.
Here are some ways to give yourself the mental kick start that you need to stop procrastinating and get up off the couch!
- 1. Make yourself an irresistible offer. If you want to crank up your motiva-tion to get in shape, promise yourself an entire weekend of fun, a shopping spree, or maybe even a new “toy”.
- Turn it into a social experience. You have a friend, a neighbor, a co-worker, or a family member who also needs to lose weight, so grab a partner and make a solemn pact to force each other to stick to it.
- Take a good look in the mirror. Now this is going to hurt. When all else fails take it all off, stand in front of a full length mirror, and take a good look all the way around. If you need to loose even ten pounds, the mirror will be more than happy to show them to you.
- Use it as an excuse to get “me” time. If you lead a life of chaos where it seems like every moment of your time is consumed with obligations, use a consistent exercise routine as an excuse to spend some much needed time all by yourself.
- Put away your “fat” clothes. It’s a lot easier to put off exercising when you can hide underneath clothes that make you feel like you’re not as out of shape as you really are. Take all of the clothes that allow you to hide your extra pounds and put them in a box, or even donate them!
Article taken from Dr. Mercola at www.mercola.com.